Mental health treatments available to you at Zwavelstream clinic
At Zwavelstream clinic, we aim to form a healthy support system for those who need it most. Your wellbeing comes first to us, and therefore we open up our doors to you. Our primary goal is to provide effective treatment and support in a de-institutionalised setting that gets rid of the entire stigma. We offer all our patients programs centred around them, which includes integrative healing for holistic wellness.
The medical leaders at Zwavelstream clinic help people who struggle with mental illness through various treatments and support systems.
The treatments include but aren’t limited to:
- Mixed therapeutic procedures and treatment programmes
- Adolescent and youth programs
- Frequently encountered mental health conditions.
- Group sessions
- Individual sessions
- Physical therapy
- Recreational activities
Benefits of group sessions
Group therapy holds numerous benefits for people who struggle with mental health conditions. During group therapy, people come together, which forms the foundation of your support, under the guidance of a well-trained group therapist.
Below are five significant benefits you will receive during group therapy:
- It helps you realise that you’re not alone in this.
- It facilitates receiving and giving support to one another.
- Group therapy can help you find your ‘voice’.
- It also helps an individual to relate to others in the same circumstance.
- Last but not least, group therapy serves as a safety net.
Benefits of individual sessions
Individual sessions serve as an excellent resource for people who struggle with mental health disorders. During these individual sessions, people learn to cope with their condition, which sets them on a path to wellness.
Individual sessions are considered helpful for a couple of reasons. The benefits include:
- Greater self-awareness
- In-depth self-exploration
- Identifying boundaries
- Improved communication skills
- Healthy coping skills
- Benefits of physical therapy
There’s a distinct link between being physically active and a healthy mental state. Researchers have found that the effect of exercise is comparable to that of anti-depressive medications. After physical activity, the brain releases feel-good endorphins and along with training comes a positive body image.
Physical therapy improves patient’s coping strategies and quality of life. Some of the benefits of physical therapy include:
- It reduces symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Improves the quality of your sleep.
- Exercise tends to improve self-esteem and perceived self-worth.
- After your workout, you feel accomplished and successful.
- Exercise improves brain functionality.
- And it generally improves your mood.