How to handle it
As parents, we all want the best for our kids, and that includes seeing them succeed in school and life in general. Taking action early will prevent things getting out of control and can be as simple as introducing a balanced diet and regular exercise to their routine. Be cautious about negative criticism and absolutely out of control when it comes to praising your child and letting them know you’re there to support them no matter what.
During exam time in particular:
- Eradicate distractions from the home during study times
- Make sure they have a quiet, comfortable space in which to work
- Draw them out with conversations about their work and how they’re feeling
- Make sure they take regular breaks for physical activity and fresh air
- Encourage healthy eating and sufficient sleep
By following the guidelines above with consistency and support you will teach your child to find calm and order in routine and balanced living – the key to managing stress in a healthy way. If you would like to know more about how you can help your child deal with stress, please contact ZwavelStream Clinic for assistance.