Symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorder greatly affects a person’s behaviour, with intense feelings of insecurity. Some of the symptoms to look out for include:
- Severe fear of being abandoned, which could lead to the person acting out in order to avoid a situation whether it is real or just in their imagination.
- Unstable relationships, the person has intense feelings of love one moment and hate the next.
- A wavering self-image that affects a person’s mood, goals and values
- Behaviour that is impulsive and possibly destructive, such as gambling, drugs, suddenly quitting a good job or spending too much money.
- Threatening to harm themselves or commit suicide
- Negative emotions and anxiety that last for days.
- Feelings of emptiness
- Intense anger or irritability. Losing your temper followed by guilt and shame
- A loss of identity and connection with reality, becoming paranoid.